An efficient plumbing system with uPVC pipes play a crucial part in making every home and office building habitable and comfortable. One of the most discomforting and cumbersome issues are constant leaks and mouldy walls, which ruin the aesthetic appeal of the building, be it home or office and weakens the structure.
If supposedly at the onset of laying a plumbing structure, primary emphasis is not on pipes’ quality and brand features. Sooner or later, the building occupants shall face extensive damage due to the poorly fitted or low-quality pipes.
The best and most feasible way to ensure that your building’s piping system works effectively and keeps your building leakproof is to use the best quality uPVC pipes. uPVC Pipes benefits are unlimited and have revolutionized the plumbing system across the globe.
What are UPVC pipes?
The plumbing industry with the PVC pipes ALSO KNOWN as Polyvinyl Chloride pipes and with the onset of uPVC pipes have entirely fashioned the plumbing industry and the construction industry. The “u” in uPVC stands for “unplasticized.” The uPVC has distinct advantages over PVC and has multiple uses in various sectors, from manufacturing, construction, transportation of fluids, and, most importantly, the plumbing industry.
PVC pipes prove to be the excellent choice for transporting water supply through tube wells and overhead tanks in houses, offices, hotels, hospitals, public places, and saltwater transport in industries, etc.
Let’s look precisely at what are the benefits of uPVC Pipes-
- Toughness and durability –
uPVC pipes have high resistance to mineral exposure, corrosion and have the high tensile strength to withstand the effects of extreme hardware conditions making pipes for borewell the best possible choice. Due to their durability and neutrality, these pipes do not corrode or scale, making them the undisputed champions of transporting chemicals, oils and other such liquids. UPVC pipes offer high strength and UV resistance, have high tensility and impact strength, making them a long-lasting solution for all types of plumbing needs. uPVC pipes for borewells are used all over India, substantially solving the water issues currently being faced. They are flexible and have excellent bendability, making them ideal for construction works and protecting during unforeseen incidents like earthquakes. As mentioned above, pipes are rust-proof, UV resistant, and flexible, enhancing their shelf life incredibly.
- ZERO toxicity –
uPVC pipes are made of non-toxic material. Their manufacturing process involves using eco-friendly and virgin unplasticized polyvinyl compounds. This inherent non-toxic quality makes these pipes safe for drinking water plumbing application. The uPVC material is 100 per cent lead-free worldwide; lead poisoning through water is a problem recognized worldwide for the cheap pipe quality when used. Low-quality pipes use lead, and the risk of lead affecting the water quality is absolute. Our pipes are lead-free and heavy metal-free. PVC is made from a non-toxic compound; our pipes are safer than pipes made from metals and concrete. Being 100% lead-free makes our pipes ideal for transporting drinking water. The benefits of uPVC pipes are non-reactive and high temperatures resistant up to 60°C. Make them an ideal medium for carrying potable and other types of water.
- Lightweight and seamless installation–
uPVC pipes and their uses are unlimited for the unique features possessed by PVC. They have a Lightweight Structure. While laying a plumbing system in the residential or commercial sector, it is advisable to use a lightweight material and make its installation not a mammoth task. Weight of the material being used plays a vital factor, especially in specific industries such as transportation, where heavy bulk is to be carried. It is advisable to use uPVC pipes-
- For carrying/transporting heavy material with ease and lowered transportation costs.
- When the load is already bulky, the mode of transport is recommended to be lightweight and adds less weight to the whole carriage.
- They make it way easier to manoeuvre into place.
The lightweight structure of these pipes also signifies that these long pipes can be handled seamlessly by one person working over them. Of course, all this makes an ideal choice for the commercial sector to use them extensively instead of the enormous metal pipes to handle with the accepted fact that uPVC pipes weigh less than a fraction of the weight of metal pipes, the benefits and uses of uPVC increase phenomenally. This light feature makes it easy to handle, transport and install. This feature lowers the installation costs considerably.
- Cost-effective – Being lightweight makes their handling costs cheaper. The most significant benefit of uPVC pipes for any business is the reduced transport, labour costs of installation, and the material itself is much more affordable to produce than metal.
- Leak-resistant & Enhanced flow- UPVC pipes come in varying lengths that suit different requirements making it easier for construction workers to minimize the number of joints. The pipes have a smooth inside surface that minimizes friction and guarantees free and fast water flow. It keeps chances of leakage to a minimum. The joint fittings in the pipes are attached and sealed with solvent cement, thus requiring no welding at all.
Application Of uPVC Pipes and Their Uses
- uPVC drainage pipes are ideal for drinking water supply lines. They are used as a covering for tubes too.
- uPVC pipes are non-metallic. Their neutrality makes them the best choice of pipelines for sewer disposal.
- They are used in sewerage systems because they don’t allow any deposits inside the pipeline as their inside surface is smooth.
- They are non-conductive to fire and can withstand high temperatures. Thus uPVC material makes a good choice for electrical installation providing extra safety.
- UPVC plumbing fittings and pipes are also used for ventilation in bathrooms. The uses of pipes shall continue to rise manifold for the fantastic features they possess.
UNITECH Pipes are the revolutionaries by being the leading uPVC Pipes manufacturers and suppliers in India. We are the pioneers as we have been researching and developing a wide range of all kinds of plastic pipes, fittings, sheets, cables and more for over 30 years. Quality deliverance to our customers is our motto for which our entire team is focused at all times. To know more about our range of uPVC pipes, we would appreciate it if you click here to view our entire content along with the product and price specification. Our team shall do our best to deliver you the best.