India is an agricultural country where farmers primarily depend either on heavy rainfall or on groundwater for irrigation. It comes definitely as a relief for farmers for regions that receive heavy rain. Still, the areas that receive scantily or no rainfall have to resort to other ways of irrigating their fields, such as column pipes and PVC pipes in borewells.
India is on the verge of a population explosion and has to, without fail, adhere to the food problems of the ever-increasing population. It is imperative to keep the lands irrigated by digging deeper borewells for groundwater abstraction to ensure that India continues to be the leading country of agricultural produce. Borewells & tubewells are very similar as they both are vertically drilled wells bored in the earth’s surface to extract water for various purposes.
The most significant importance of Column pipes is that they act as a crucial component for every borewell framework. Depending upon the quality of the pipe you rely on, your borewell project will either succeed or fall apart.
So, before you dig and lay in those tubes, let’s better understand the world of column pipes and learn how it works.
What Is Understood By Column Pipes?
Column pipes are long tubes manufactured with varied diameters used to extract and transport fluids. They are large cast- pipes made from a definite composition of plastic and vinyl called uPVC to remove and convey water from underground to the earth’s surface. The uses of column pipes are vast. These are non-corrosive, highly durable and possess exceptional high tensile strength to withstand the tremendous hydrostatic pressure while extracting underneath the water.
Importance Of Column Pipe
The foremost use of Column pipes is to be the part of borewell and tubewell structures to draw water from underground. These column pipes have wide usage in submersible and jet pumps used for agricultural irrigation, industrial mining, and distribution of chemicals.
UNITECH is India’s leading column pipes manufacturer, supplier and exporter. UNITECH has gone one step further in setting high industry standards to produce superior rust proof pipes for better performance and safety.
Column pipes are meant to be durable, lightweight, and specifically designed to let the water pass through them seamlessly. These pipes have a smooth inner surface; they are designed to allow the water to pass through them effortlessly to avoid any accumulation of residue that restricts the water flow.
The durable, rust and rot-free material used in the pipes makes them suitable for extracting soft and hard water and good for transporting fluids/liquids mixed with harsh abrasive chemicals.
The specifications of the column pipe change based on the purpose of the bore and its depth. With the excellent performance of the irrigation system, it is vital to choose the suitable diameter of the column pipe to suit the depth of the bore so it will endure the hydrostatic pressure of the water current.
A column pipe of 1″ to 2″ is recommended to be suitable for A standard bore up to 80 meters of depth. For a bore of 80 to 250 meters range, the diameter required is up to 1″ to 4″. A heavy bore above 250 meters to 450 meters needs a 1.25″ to 4″ diameter pipe.
Five Uses Of Column Pipes
- Column pipes are primarily used in submersible pumping systems. These pipes are utilized at construction sites and building structures to pump the excess water from the underground spaces and flooded foundations. As mentioned earlier, column pipes play a vital role in drawing groundwater to irrigate the farming lands.
- Column pipes being lead-free become the ideal choice to transport potable water for domestic use.
- Column pipes can withstand conveying of harsh acidic and alkaline fluids. Column pipes can also withstand the heavy friction caused by water composed of refined sand grains and suspended particles.
- Column pipes are the perfect choice for industrial applications as these pipes, when subjected to harsh environmental conditions, perform exceptionally well as they are incredibly durable with high tensile strength.
- Unlike traditional metal pipes, column pipes are way easier to transport. They are manufactured with lightweight material, which ensures significantly less manual labour is used to lift and carry them. Since the pipes are lightweight, a carrier can transport many pipes in one go, unlike the issue with old conventional pipes. This feature of the pipes makes the freight very cost-effective.
Use Of PVC Pipes In Borewell
An efficient irrigation system needs suitable agricultural pipes and fittings that facilitate the irrigation management system. High-quality pipes are the leading players in the hydraulics of an irrigation system, and if they are not the right ones, then both performance and maintenance will be hampered. All irrigation systems—hand-moved sprinklers, solid-set sprinklers, centre pivots, trickle or drip irrigation systems—use a network of pipelines. Irrigation pipes can be set either underground, on the surface and as overhead systems. Therefore, choosing a suitable irrigation pipe is very important. The use of PVC pipes in borewells is efficient when they have these features-
- High Resistance To Chemicals
- Fire resistance
- Corrosion Resistance
- low thermal conductivity
The right type of column pipes for irrigation should come from reliable manufacturers who are none other than- UNITECH.
UNITECH uPVC pipes are the vital component of every efficient irrigation system, as they are the superior-grade pipes that help farmers to maximize water use efficiency and prevents crop losses due to weather disruptions
A quick look at the benefits farmers and industries get on choosing UNITECH uPVC pipes:
- The maximum importance of column pipe pipes is to farmers as water is conserved by preventing leakage and water run-off. It helps the farmers to save both water and soil nutrition and structure.
- Less water consumption helps lower the energy usage required for pumping this water, thus, reducing electricity costs.
- Fertilizer application through uPVC pipes means uniform distribution, zero wastage and reduced labour—saving costs in two ways.
High-quality pipes by UNITECH uPVC pipes give the users a long-term assurance of durability, thus helping save costs on reinstallation and low maintenance costs.
A superb quality irrigation piping system has excellent effects-
- Lowered Resource Wastage,
- High Crop Yield With Improved Quality,
- Better Soil Structure & Performance.
All these factors, in turn, generate better incomes and livelihoods for farmers. UNITECH PVC Pipes has laid great value on the importance of durable and high tensile strength irrigation pipes and thereby manufacture ISI certified range of agricultural pipes and fittings at a competitive price.